Wednesday, July 1, 2009

RAGNAR: 101

12 Runners. 188 Miles. 2 Drivers. 4 Night Pacers. 3 Volunteers. Lots of Babysitters!

Here we are: the ALPINE CLEANING CREW (we were sponsored this year - HOORAY!)

Each team member runs THREE LEGS, ranging between 3-9.6 miles and varying in difficulty. (That 9.6 is for Kurt, and difficulty award goes to Jeremy for running RAGNAR)!!

I was RUNNER #11, and Jason was RUNNER #12! It's a relay, so don't forget to be in the chute (right, Kurt?!) Slap on the wrist.

We ran for 28 HOURS, and slept whenever we could (not often enough!) You can learn a lot about people, cramped together in a Tahoe for 28 hours! What happens in Van 2 stays in Van 2!

Honey Buckets are always a welcome sight. But only slightly more welcome than the FINISH LINE!

Run. Drive. Sleep? (Apply Deoderant). Repeat!

5 comments:

Julie J. said...

WOW! That is all I can say.

Camron said...

Maybe someday when I can run I will do that with you, HAHA.

Veronica said...

I can't wait to see everyone's pictures, I love the ones of you and Jason handing off, it just shows the relay part so well.
It really was fun, so happy I was able to be part of the team.

Krista said...

Thanks for the what happens in Van 2 stays in Van 2. hehe I had a great time!! I already miss having something to run for. I really appreciate all you did for us, it was so well organized.

Sabrina J. Shy said...

So glad everyone remembered their deodorant! You guys did SO AWESOME and I'm glad I was a part of the "team" by volunteering.

I love all the fun pictures you took...bet your scrapbook page will look spectacular.