Friday, May 15, 2009

Tribute to my Dad

Did anyone hear the story from last week's Sunday School lesson, about the girl who accidentally dropped her mother's best china? Anyway, this story reminded me of a similar experience in my childhood. It was Christmastime, and my older sister, Abigail, and I were trying to turn the Christmas tree so we had a better view of the pretty ornaments. We were pretty young, and as you can probably imagine, the entire tree came crashing down to the floor. One of the broken ornaments was a treasured glass ball given to my Dad on his mission. We were heartbroken. But my Dad forgave us, and like the story, he showed us that we were more important to him than things. He still has the box that the glass ball ornament came in, so at least he will always remember what it looked like. And Abby and I will always remember how much our Dad loves us. I guess actions really do speak louder than words.

1 comment:

Sabrina J. Shy said...

Amen. We have a TERRIFIC dad; I always liked how he was humble enough to know when he needed some love and would ask for a hug.