Monday, May 18, 2009

MY FIRST TRIATHLON!!!

I had a big weekend - not only did I celebrate my 28th birthday, but I also completed my very first Triathlon!!

I swam 300 meters, biked 12 miles, and ran a 5K. And I had such great fans to cheer me on - Jason, Jefferson, Carter, my Mom, sister & family, Sabrina, Billy, and Nathan. Even my neighbors, the Bachlers, and the Schelins were there. And of course, Coral, Jalaine, and Louise were running, too!! It was a great day for a race, and I really had a fun time.

There were times where I couldn't remember being so TIRED in all my life, but somehow, looking back on it all, I really did have a good time! I'm actually looking forward to the next one already!

I finished 28th overall (out of about 600 women), and 3rd in my age division. My time was 1:13:18.

And I dedicate this race to my husband, Jason! He encouraged me to sign up, watched the boys while I was out training, surprised me with an early birthday present of slick "road" tires to help me go faster, and gave me constant support and encouragement. Thank you, honey!

7 comments:

Camron said...

How cool is that. Way to go! Good luck next race.

Jensen Family said...

Good job that is amazing. Looks like fun

Krista said...

Way to go !!! That is a huge accoplishment. You are very inspiring.

T, A, H1, H2, H3 said...

thats awesome. i wish i had the ambition to do that. i could end up dead in the middle of the lake. NOT A SWIMMER! good for you! cant wait to see you guys! happy birthday!

Veronica said...

I have been waiting to hear how this was for you. You are seriously such an awesome athlete:) 3rd in your first triatholon is so amazing to me. Good JOb!!!!

Sabrina J. Shy said...

You did such an awesome job Heather! I can't believe you got 28 overall. You are such an inspiration to me.

You gotta do this again so I can join in on the fun.

Trevor and Amy said...

Wow, can I just tell you that you are AMAZING! I could never even think to do something like that! Great job! I can't believe Jefferson graduated from preschool. He can't be that old yet! Crazy! Hope things are going well!