Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Green Oatmeal . . . UGH, GROSS!


Five years ago, I made Jason some green oatmeal on St. Patrick's Day. Could have been the color, could have been the fact that I was cleaning little Jefferson's nose out while Jason was trying to eat the oatmeal - but whatever the reason, Jason couldn't even swallow the stuff! This year, Jason left early for work, so I decided to surprise the boys with festive green oatmeal. And I found out that my boys are just as squeamish as their daddy! Jefferson took one look at it, and said, "Ugh, gross! Do I have to eat that stuff??" And Carter looked at me like I had lost my mind. Needless to say, I am quitting on the green oatmeal for St. Patrick's Day. Next year I'll do something normal like leaving out gold chocolate coins from the Leprechauns. No one can say no to chocolate, right??!!

1 comment:

Sabrina J. Shy said...

LOL

I guess your boys aren't as accustomed to "strange" things on holidays like we were.