Monday, October 12, 2009

Thanks for your help, Carter!

I got our most favorite crock pot dinner (chicken cooked in a creamy sauce) prepared and thrown into the crock pot yesterday morning before jumping in the shower and getting ready for church. Apparently, the time I was in the shower was all the time Carter needed to go downstairs, drag a chair across the kitchen floor to the counter, reach up to the crock pot . . . and COMPLETELY FILL IT WITH WATER! Jason and I were devastated, because it was Fast Sunday and we had REALLY been looking forward to dinner after Church! Anyway, we put on brave faces, tried to make a joke out of it, mixed rice in with it before serving, and called it "chicken and rice soup!" Needless to say, Carter is NOT ALLOWED anywhere near the crock pot again! :) (And on another side note - Carter ate three bowls of the stuff . . . he LOVED it!)

2 comments:

Sabrina J. Shy said...

I guess he knew what he wanted! Glad you were able to "save" it.

Jensen Family said...

Thats funny! perhaps you should share the wonderful recipe